Thursday 15 May 2014

Kate Henshaw opens up! I would say yes, if Flavour asks me out

 
Kate Henshaw
‘Yes, I would say yes to Flavour.’ That was Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw’s shocker to Tolu Oniru otherwise known as Toolz, the celebrity host of GtBank NDaniTV sponsored show tagged The Juice. The Cross River State born thespian was guest on last week’s episode of the TV/ online show.
The Onga Ambassador also spoke about her 13 year-old daughter, life as a single among other interesting issues.
Let’s talk about your public stunts with Flavour for Onga, did you struck any chemistry with him?
He is not a bad looking guy but very quiet. That was what I saw. If he wasn’t needed on the set, he would quietly walk to the back seat of the car and have a sit. He was always on his phone. The only thing he did was to borrow my charger. He was very quiet and soft-spoken. I was surprised. I thought he would have a chip on his shoulders but he was fine.
Did you guys share fitness tips together?
No. I just told him that he looked good and he complimented me in return. That was it.
If Flavour had asked you out for dinner, what would you say?
Of course, I would have gone for dinner. Dinner doesn’t mean anything more than just an occasion.
What if he had asked out for a date?
Ahhh…(laughs) (sighs) He is not bad-looking I would have said yes.
Hello Flavour, you need to take your chance because the window of opportunity is closing.
(Prolonged laughter)
Let’s talk about your role as judge on Nigeria Got Talent Show, you have seen all manner of characters from your jury sit. Which would you describe as the worst?
There was this guy that said he wanted to do Match-maths, whatever that means. He came with a board and began to write things like X+Y=number of men and women who are unmarried. I was confused and lost. I didn’t have the patience to hear him through. I told him that it is OK, I had enough. (Laughs)
Have you witnessed a situation where family members come to the auditions to cheer a contestant who is clearly not talented at all?
It has happened. I believe firmly that a child should be treated as a child when it comes to discipline. It was a child who came to dance and she was doing all manner of erotic dance. Her mother was in the back stage cheering on. I made it clear that the girl was too young to be exposed to such kind of erotic dance. I wasn’t done when her mum grabbed her by the hand and hissed disappointedly at me. She was like, ‘this people don’t know what they are doing.’ You know, people take things personally. Our job was to sift through the acts and present the top talents to the audience to choose their best. But then, I am used to receiving all sorts of attacks and abuses on the show.
(Cuts in) That was going to be my next question
‘Kate Henshaw is rude’. ‘Kate Henshaw has no manners’. I have heard it all. One contestant even boasted that he was the first to make two judges walk out on him in the history of the talent hunt show.
I read somewhere that you are one the highest paid actress in Nigeria, true or false?
I don’t know about that.
Kate don’t lie to us, you are balling. Look at that smile in your eyes.
(Prolonged laughter) I am just a happy child, that’s all. I am happy that I am alive. (More laughs)
Do you think that the reason while a lot of corporate brands want to work with you is because you have a completely ‘bootylicious’ figure?
What has a figure got to with it? Well, nobody tells me anything.
We can’t have you on The Juice couch and not get you to talk about your personal life. How come we have never seen pictures of your gorgeous daughter before?
The most gorgeous daughter, you mean. She didn’t ask for this kind of life. It is mine and mine alone. If you see her with me, you wouldn’t even think that she is my daughter. We look like sisters. She is now as tall as I am. She is age 13. She is actually very tall.
So how do you deal with the ‘terrible teens’ period of her life?
She is a very good girl and well behaved.
When you separated from your white-husband, you were quoted to have said that ‘everything that has a beginning must have an end,’ - can you explain what you mean by that?
I am just trying to say that life must go on. At the time, it hurt but life must go on. I also have my daughter to worry about; she didn’t ask for that situation. My focus is on her and my career. Like it or not, the sun will shine tomorrow. I decided to pick up myself, dust off my sexy cloth and get myself in shape and move on.
So you are very much single now, I would like to know if you are dating again?
(Prolonged laughter)
Your laugh is an indication, whoever is responsible for that; is he somebody we know?
Oh my goodness. Please, I don’t want to blush here. Don’t forget, I am an actress and my smiles could be just an act. I am a happy child and I play the fifth.
Please, anyone who knows who Kate is dating should let us know by tweeting at us via @NdaniTV.
Oh my God, I think it’s going to happen soon
This Toolz. Oh my goodness.
Who are your pick of fittest actors in town?
Ramsey looks good. He has no pot-belly.
We have seen videos of you dancing on Facebook, what is the connection?
(laughs) I really love dancing a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment