Monday 27 October 2014

I got my wife from Facebook –MC Soro Soro


Comedy is my life

MC Soro Soro
Fast-rising comedian, Daniel Polycarp Williamson, popularly known as MC Soro Soro has countered the believe that social media is just an avenue for chatting and updating of status. This humour merchant has revealed how Facebook helped him got his wife.
According to the outspoken comedian in a recent interview in one of the Nigerian soft-sell journal, it all started as a joke but he’s now happily living with his lovely wife.

What are your real names?
My names are Daniel Polycarp Williamson, popularly known as MC Soro Soro.
Where are you from?
I am from Onna LGA, Akwa Ibom State.
What is special about your comedy?
I deliver my comedy in freestyle, whereby I use things I see, especially when I’m invited for a programme. Also, I am very charismatic on stage. I always make sure that my starting and ending is at the peak before leaving the stage.
Can you please tell us some big shows you’ve done?
I will only mention few because they are much. Laugh By Fire 1 & 2, Uncontrollable Laughter 1&2, Comedy Commotion, Laughter Disaster, I will Laugh and Not Cry, Nothing Can Stop my Laughter, amongst many others.
Who are your mentors in the industry?
Gordons is my mentor, I love his voice command on the microphone. You must want to listen to him because his voice commands attention.
Do you have a mentor under whose tutelage you learnt the trade?
No, I don’t. But I loved following T.Laff and MC Shakara to events, if  I am free.
Do you think you’re in the mainstream of the industry?
Yes, I am.
Has comedy been profitable to you?
Very well, it has. I meet people that matter and I’m received anywhere I go.
Are you satisfied with comedy?
I am not yet satisfied with comedy but at least I am very okay.
Why must I listen to you?
You must listen to me because of my starting. My starting is always catchy and will make you want to listen to me.
How long have you been in comedy?
Professionally, six years.
What are the pains and gains?
My gain is that I am living a good life with comedy. I am reaching out to souls that are seriously depressed and weighed down by their challenges through my comedy.
What do you like about comedy?
Comedy opens doors of acceptance. Everybody wants to have you. They want to be your friend and also associate with you. It takes away sadness and replaces it with laughter.
What don’t you like about comedy?
I don’t think there is anything I don’t like about comedy, because if I don’t like my job then why I am still doing it?
Are you married?
Yes, I am. I even have a baby boy.
Where did you meet your wife?
Funny, I met her on Facebook.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I see myself touring the whole world.
I learnt you multi-talented?
Yes, I am. Comedy, I sing, play instruments. I am a songwriter, composer and event planner.

Culled from Encomium Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment